Drug Abuse Testing
Scope of Services
The Drug Abuse Testing Unit analyses controlled substances in urine and hair specimens submitted by drug enforcement agencies in accordance to the Misuse of Drugs Act and the Misuse of Drugs Regulation.
The services which the Unit provides include issuing of analytical reports and providing expert testimony in court proceedings. In addition, the Unit also provides consultations and carries out research work to continuously improve and enhance its analytical capability.
Scope of Analysis
The drugs commonly analysed include:
- Morphine and Monoacetylmorphine for opiates
- 11-nor-delta-9-THC-9-carboxylic acid for cannabis
- Benzoylecgonine for cocaine
- Ketamine and its metabolite
- Buprenorphine and its metabolite
- Cathinones and piperazines
Counter Operating Hours:
|Monday – Friday||0800 – 1630|
For general information, or any other enquiry pertaining to urine submission, please contact us at DAT counter general main line (6213-0748).