Illegal Products Found in Singapore
HSA has compiled a list of detected and tested illegal health products for consumers and healthcare professionals who may wish to obtain more information.
Important Note: Before using the search engine, please read and take note of the following:
Database is not exhaustive
- The database is not exhaustive and will be periodically updated as HSA discovers more illegal health products. It is intended as a guide to alert consumers and healthcare professionals on some of the illegal health products detected by HSA so far.
- It is important to note that products can enter any country under different names, packaging or forms. Thus, a product should not be considered as safe merely on the basis that it is not reflected in the database or not available for search.
Counterfeit products may look exactly the same as the real versions
- Counterfeit products may look exactly the same as the real versions. Thus consumers should not rely on products' packaging to ascertain if they are illegal. The best way for consumers to avoid subjecting themselves to unnecessary health risks would be to strictly refrain from buying from any dubious sources.
Information on illegal health products
- The product details and tests results reflected in the database are based strictly on the information obtained from the actual physical samples as well as the analytical findings of the illegal health products, which were investigated or seized by HSA in Singapore. These may or may not be the same as other products with similar sounding names, packaging or product details marketed over the Internet or in other overseas jurisdictions.
Content of illegal health products may vary
- The type of contaminants or adulterants may vary from batch to batch, box to box or even pill to pill in view that that illegal health products are manufactured with no proper quality control. This explains why it is not surprising that the same product may display different analytical findings in the search results, since they have been tested to contain different substances on different occasions.
- Even if you have taken this product previously without much problems, remember that there always exists a risk that the illegal health product that you are currently taking may contain dangerous content that can cost your life this time round!