Bringing Personal Medications into Singapore
Medicines Not Requiring Licence
You are allowed to bring in or import common medicines such as those for diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and contraception for personal medical use if the quantity is less than 3 months' supply.
Medicines Requiring Licence
You will need to get a licence if you are importing
- medicines of more than 3 months' supply
- medicines containing psychotropic substances and/or controlled drugs (Appendix A) e.g. anti-anxiety pills, sleeping pills, strong painkillers, etc.
- medicines containing more than 21.6g of Pseudoephedrine and/or Ephedrine
- more than 20 tablets/capsules containing Codeine or Dextromethorphan, or if each tablet/capsule contains more than 30mg of Codeine or Dextromethorphan
- more than 240mL liquid medicine containing Codeine or Dextromethorphan, or if the liquid medicine contains more than 15mg per 5 mL of Codeine or Dextromethorphan
How to Apply for a Licence
Fill in the application form and submit it with the following supporting documents:
- A copy of your doctor's prescription or written recommendation verifying the dosage and total quantity of the medicines to be imported into Singapore
- A copy of the flight details/travel itinerary
- A copy of your passport page with personal particulars
You should apply at least 10 working days before your arrival.
The following substances are not allowed to be imported:
- Controlled drugs listed in the Fourth Schedule of the Misuse of Drugs Regulations e.g. Cannabis, Coca Leaf, MDMA, JWH etc.
- Medicinal chewing gums such as Nicotine gums
- Oral dental gums
Import of other Health Products
You are not allowed to import any complementary health products, such as traditional Chinese medicines and health supplements, that contain substances listed in the Misuse of Drugs Act or the Poisons Act of Singapore.
For more information on personal import of complementary health products, please email to HSA_CHP@hsa.gov.sg.
For import of medical devices for personal medical use, please click here for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here to visit the FAQ portal for more information.