The laboratory is one of the few worldwide qualified to examine both English and Chinese handwriting and signatures. The officers have rendered services to many countries/regions comprising Hong Kong, United States of America, Australia, Germany, Brunei and Malaysia.
Our research works are well-received in international conferences, and some of them are published in peer-reviewed journals.
Our scope of services include:
- Examination of handwriting and signatures in English, Chinese and romanized scripts;
- Examination of tampered and counterfeit documents;
- Differentiation of inks;
- Visualisation of indented writing;
- Identification of rubber stamps and rubber stamp impressions;
- Physical fitting of torn/cut documents;
- Examination of photocopies and facsimile documents;
- Examination of typewritten and computer printed documents;
- Conducting lectures, seminars and training sessions for interested parties.