Scope of services
For eye and face make-up, hair care products, lip products and skin care products, we offer the following tests:
- Screening for hair dyes.
- Screening for prohibited colourants.
- Screening for Western drug adulterants.
- Phthalates analysis.
- Retinoic acids analysis.
- Toxic heavy metals analysis.
- Screening for other substances.
- UV filters analysis.
Submitting samples for testing
To request a test, you need the following:
|Forms and letters
You are required to submit the following documents:
- Request for Testing Service from Cosmetics Laboratory
- Written request for the test from a regulatory authority, if any.
- Cover letter, preferably with your company letterhead, stating:
- The tests required.
- Each sample’s description.
- The sample markings.
|Fees and payment
- Contact us for a quotation through:
- Payment in advance is required. You may use any of the following methods:
- Credit card
- PayNow (UEN: T08GB0015GH01)
- Telegraphic transfer
- Bank: DBS
- Address: 12 Marina Boulevard, #45-00 DBS Asia Central @ Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, Singapore 018982
- Bank Code: 7171
- Branch Code: 001
- Bank Account No: 001-900112-9
- Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
- Please note that your company will bear all related bank charges for the remittance.
|Note: Please do not submit your samples until the Laboratory has confirmed your request is accepted.
- Your samples should be:
- Contained in their original retail packaging.
- With printed labels in English, indicating:
- Brand name.
- Product name.
- Batch number.
- Other information required under the Health Products Act.
- Mark your samples for attention to "Cosmetics Laboratory - Applied Sciences Group".
- You can send them in by post, courier or in person to:
Applied Sciences Group
Health Sciences Authority
11 Outram Road
Collecting your report
You can collect your report:
- In person, from the registration counter at HSA Level 1. An authorisation letter is required if someone is collecting it on your behalf.
- Via post.
Note: You can indicate if you would like to receive the report in person or by mail when you submit your request form.
Withdrawal from testing
If you wish to withdraw your sample from testing, you are required to give written notice to the Cosmetics Laboratory within 3 working days of submission.
You will be charged for any services performed and costs incurred before your withdrawal.
Other service providers
You may also utilise other testing facilities accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council, for your product analyses.