Types of licences
An importer's licence allows the dealer to bring a medical device into Singapore.
Licensed importers require a Wholesaler's licence for wholesale supply.
A wholesaler's licence allows the dealer to:
- supply a medical device by wholesale (including export) in Singapore.
- supply a medical device to a party for re-supply.
- supply a medical device as a commercial sample.
However, a wholesaler's licence is not required for supply to end-users, such as in a retail store.
A manufacturer's licence allows the dealer to:
- Make, fabricate, produce or process a medical device.
- Package and label a medical device before it is supplied.
Licensed manufacturers do not require a Wholesaler's licence to supply medical devices which are manufactured under their Manufacturer's licence.
You will need to upload supporting documents depending on the type of licence.
Fees and turn-around-time
Refer to medical device fees and turn-around-time for more information.
How to apply
You can apply for a dealer's licence using MEDICS.
Don't have a MEDICS account? Apply now through CRIS.
Withdraw a licence application
You may choose to withdraw an application while in progress, via MEDICS.