Restricted substances

Certain substances, while not regulated as controlled drugs or psychotropic substances in Singapore, may be regulated more stringently in other countries.


Some countries may require specific documentary evidence of approval from us before allowing their onward export of these restricted substances to Singapore.

If you are importing therapeutic products containing these restricted substances, you can apply for a Certificate of Approval for Import of a Therapeutic Product (RSIL). You must also hold a valid therapeutic products importer's licence.

If you are importing other products containing these restricted substances such as laboratory reagents, reference standards, or products for veterinary use, you can apply for a Confirmation of Authorisation to Import a Restricted Substance (RSIA). You must also hold a valid Form A Poisons Licence if the restricted substance is a scheduled poison.

Fees and turnaround time

Refer to restricted substance fees and turnaround time for more information.

How to apply

Submit your application through PRISM. Ensure you have the following before you access the e-service:

If you encounter technical issues, e-mail the HSA helpdesk or call 6776 0168 (from 7.00 am to midnight daily).