You must comply with the rules and regulations of the Tobacco (Control of Advertisements and Sale) Act. This includes not advertising tobacco products. Please refer to the key tobacco laws in Singapore.
Failure to follow these requirements may result in imprisonment and/or fines, and suspension or revocation of your licence.
In addition, the following are the terms and conditions governing your licence, which failure to comply with may lead to your licence being suspended or revoked:
- As the licensee, you are only allowed to store stocks of tobacco products at the premises specified in the licence. You are required to furnish us with documentary proof showing your legal right to the storage use of such premises. We may revoke this licence in the absence of such proof for the duration of this licence.
- An application for renewal of the licence shall be submitted to us at least five working days, before the licence expires. (Note: The renewal of a licence will only take effect after the required fees have been paid to and received by us.)
- You shall be responsible for, and shall ensure that all activities and transactions are carried out at the premises specified in the licence in relation to the licensed tobacco products.
- You should not be convicted for any contraventions under any applicable laws or contravene any condition of this licence.
- In the event we receive information supported by certification from a medical practitioner of a disability impairing your cognitive abilities for the purposes of complying with this term, we may suspend or revoke the licence on the basis that you are unfit and improper to hold the licence.
- You must inform us in writing of any additional variant of tobacco products and additional tobacco products (that has not been notified to us as part of the licence register) which you intend to import for sale in Singapore, at least 14 days prior to import, and must provide us with samples of the additional variant of tobacco products and additional tobacco products upon request.
The following documents are required:
- Copy of your NRIC.
- Copy of your warehouse and office tenancy agreement.
- Letter of authorisation from the manufacturer of the tobacco product, if you are applying for an import and wholesale licence.
- GIRO (application form227 KB) for annual licence fees.
Refer to tobacco control fees and turnaround time for more information.