Our blood stocks are currently healthy, you may want to come back in two weeks.
Please be informed that any person who is unwell, with risk of exposure to COVID-19 or who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter our premises due to the current COVID-19 situation.
The blood bank has implemented a new blood donation eligibility guideline for donors who received a covid-19 vaccine. Please click HERE for more information.
Please check if you are eligible to donate blood before you make an appointment as the waiting period may be different due to other causes.
General eligibility criteria
To donate blood, you must:
- Be in general good health.
- Not have had any symptoms of infection e.g. sore throat, cough, runny nose or diarrhoea for at least 1 week.
- Not have had a fever in the last 4 weeks.
- Not have taken medication, herbal supplements or traditional herbal remedies for at least 3 days. If you have taken antibiotics, wait at least 1 week.
- Weigh at least 45 kg.
- Have a haemoglobin level of at least 13.0 g/dl for males and 12.5 g/dl for females.
It may be harmful to you or the recipients if you donate blood when you are not eligible to do so.
Check the A–Z list