When to cancel
You may cancel your tobacco retail licence if you do not wish to continue in the tobacco retail business.
You can get a refund for your tobacco retail licence fee only when both of the following conditions are fulfilled:
- The licence is valid for at least three full remaining months.
- You are cancelling the licence because:
- The licensee outlet is in a building which is being upgraded or renovated.
- The licensee has passed away.
- The renewed licence has not taken effect.
A $60 application fee is chargeable for the cancellation of a renewed licence before it comes into effect.
You will need to provide one of the following relevant documents to claim the refund:
- National Environment Agency or Housing Development Board upgrading or renovation letter.
- Death certificate of licensee.
How to cancel
You can cancel your tobacco retail licence online through the 24-hour GoBusiness Licensing website. Ensure you have your SingPass or CorpPass credentials before you access the system.