Who should submit
Manufacturers and importers of cosmetic products need to notify their products before supplying them in Singapore.
A cosmetic product notification is required:
- Even if the product has already been notified by another company in Singapore, and you are importing from the same manufacturer.
- For every different variant of the same cosmetic product, such as different shades of a lipstick and different scents of a shampoo.
A cosmetic product notification is not required for the following products. However, you still need to comply with other requirements, such as labelling, ingredients and adverse event reporting:
- Sample products connected with advertising, sponsorship or promotional activities.
- Products used for testing or trial in connection with any research or development of that product.
- Products manufactured by or in accordance with the specifications of a medical practitioner, and supplied solely by that medical practitioner for the use of patients under his care.
- Different pack sizes of the same product.
Each notification is valid for one year. If you wish to continue marketing your product in Singapore, further notification (re-notification) is required each year.
Responsibilities of the company
As cosmetic products are not evaluated by us, the product notification acknowledgement should not be misunderstood as an endorsement or certification of the product's safety and quality by us. Your key responsibilities are as follows:
- As a seller of cosmetic products, you are responsible for the safety and quality of your products. Cosmetic products should not contain adulterants or prohibited substances and you should not breach the limits for specified substances.
- You must maintain records of supply of the cosmetic products for two years.
- You must submit safety and technical information when requested by us.
- Monitor and report adverse events and recalls to us as soon as possible.
- Recall product if the product is found to have any safety concerns.
Refer to cosmetic product fees for more information.
How to submit notification
Before you submit a notification, check that the ingredients in your product and the labelling of your product comply with the requirements of the ASEAN Cosmetic Directive (ACD).
You will then need to submit your cosmetic product notification through PRISM. Ensure you have the following credentials before you access the e-service:
Need help? Refer to our step-by-step guide on notification procedures and the cosmetic products presentation types.
If you encounter technical issues, e-mail the HSA helpdesk or call 6776 0168.
Acknowledgement of notification
An acknowledgement of notification will be auto-generated if the notification has been submitted successfully.
You may start selling your cosmetic product upon receipt of the acknowledgement of notification.
Note: Our acknowledgement of product notification is not an endorsement of the product as we do not evaluate or approve the cosmetic product for supply in Singapore.