Retain product registration
Retain product registration
All registered CTGTP are entered into the Register of Cell, Tissue or Gene Therapy Products, which is a searchable database on our website. You need to pay an annual retention fee to retain your product on the register.
Registered products will remain in the register, unless the following happens:
The registration is suspended or cancelled by us.
- The registration is cancelled by the registrant.
- No payment is made for the annual retention fee within 60 calendar days after the retention fee due date.
The annual retention process for CTGTP is an automatic process if your company have an existing GIRO account with us. The retention applications will be created in the system one day after the product retention due date, and the GIRO collection process will usually be completed about one to two weeks thereafter.
If your company does not have an existing GIRO account with us, an invoice and the payment instructions will be sent via email to you.
HSA will not be responsible for failure in the delivery of the retention notices or retention fee payments due to outdated email records with us.
If you do not intend to retain your product on the register, please refer to details on cancelling a product registration.
Retention fee due date
The due date for first annual retention fee of a product is one year after the product's registration date. When the annual retention fee payment is successfully made, the retention fee due date will be updated to one year from the current retention fee due date.
A retention notice will be sent to the product registrant 60, 30 and 15 calendar days before the retention fee payment is due. If payment is not received, reminder notices will be sent 1, 15 and 30 calendar days after the fee payment due date as well.
The product registrations remain active within 60 days from retention fees due date and the registration status can be verified online via the Register of Cell, Tissue or Gene Therapy Products.
Retention fee payment
The retention fee would be charged to the current product registrant on the retention fee due date, regardless of any pending change of registrant applications.
- If payment is made after a reminder notice is sent 30 calendar days after the fee payment due date, the late fee payment must be accompanied by reasons for late payment.
- Notification for retention fee payment will not be sent for any products that are suspended by us. Payment of retention fee will resume only after registration is unsuspended.
You are encouraged to make payment via GIRO. To activate GIRO payment, please fill up the Inter-bank GIRO Application Form227 KB and mail the original copy to:
Health Sciences Authority, 11 Outram Road, Singapore 169078.
Upon successful GIRO deduction, an e-mail will be sent to you informing of the completion of the retention procedure.
- A GIRO account setup may take up to 4 weeks, which may surpass your payment due date. Please take this setup time into account when applying for GIRO account payment.
- If payment is not made through GIRO, an invoice will be sent via email. Both screening and evaluation fees must be paid upfront during submission. In this scenario, the evaluation fee will be refunded if the application is not accepted for evaluation.