Product Vigilance Advisory Committee
1 August 2017 - 31 July 2020
The Product Vigilance Advisory Committee (PVAC) provides scientific advice to HPRG in relation to the continued availability and safe use of health products in Singapore, through the following:
- To review the benefit-risk profile of health products, assess the impact of significant safety issues associated with health products and advise on the appropriate regulatory actions to be taken to minimise the risk associated with the use of these products.
- To review serious selected adverse event reports, and advise on the causality assessment and appropriate follow-up actions to be initiated by HSA.
- To provide guidance on innovative post-marketing surveillance tools.
- To be an advocate of health products vigilance and actively promote adverse event reporting by healthcare professionals.
- To contribute to HSA’s educational programmes on health product safety in Singapore.
- Prof Goh Chee Leok (Chairman)
- Prof Edmund Lee Jon Deoon (Deputy Chairman)
- Ms Jalene Poh (Secretary)
- Dr Shen Liang
- Assoc Prof Chow Wan Cheng
- Adj Assoc Prof Bernard Thong
- Dr Derrick Heng
- Clinical Prof Gilbert Lau
- Asst Prof Lim Toon Wei
- Assoc Prof Sum Chee Fang
- Dr Tan Lip Kun
- Asst Prof Tan Tze Lee
- Dr Camilla Wong