Product Vigilance Advisory Committee
1 August 2020 - 31 July 2023
The Product Vigilance Advisory Committee (PVAC) provides scientific advice to HPRG in relation to the continued availability and safe use of health products in Singapore, through the following:
- To review the benefit-risk profile of health products, assess the impact of significant safety issues associated with health products and advise on the appropriate regulatory actions to be taken to minimise the risk associated with the use of these products.
- To review serious selected adverse event reports, and advise on the causality assessment and appropriate follow-up actions to be initiated by HSA.
- To provide guidance on innovative post-marketing surveillance tools.
- To be an advocate of health products vigilance and actively promote adverse event reporting by healthcare professionals.
- To contribute to HSA’s educational programmes on health product safety in Singapore.
- Prof Goh Chee Leok (Chairman)
- Assoc Prof Sum Chee Fang (Deputy Chairman)
- Ms Jalene Poh (Secretary - Health Sciences Authority)
- Prof Edmund Lee
- Dr Shen Liang
- Assoc Prof Chow Wan Cheng
- Adj Assoc Prof Bernard Thong
- Dr Derrick Heng
- Asst Prof Lim Toon Wei
- Dr Tan Lip Kun
- Asst Prof Tan Tze Lee
- Dr Camilla Wong
- Dr Belinda Lee