There are several laboratories you may approach to test your pharmaceutical products, which are accredited by the Singapore Accreditation Council.
Scope of services
We offer the following tests:
|Traditional medicines and health supplements
- Screening for Western drug adulterants in traditional medicines and health supplements.
- These are screened according to different product indications, based on their associated pharmacological effects.
- Toxic alkaloids analysis
- Aconite Alkaloids
- Aristolochic Acids
- Colchicum Alkaloids
- Ephedra Alkaloids
- Lobelia Alkaloids
- Solanaceous Alkaloids
- Aflatoxins analysis
- Aflatoxins B1, B2, G1 and G2
- Heavy metals analysis
- Related substances/chromatographic purity
- Water content
- Melting point
- Tablet hardness
- Loss on drying
- Loss on ignition
- Optical rotation
- Refractive index
- Uniformity of dosage units
- Uniformity of weight
- Extractable volume
Submitting samples for testing
If your product is intended for sale in Singapore, please refer to the Health Products Regulation Group for further information.
If the request for analysis is in response to an adverse event, please refer to the Adverse Event Reporting procedure.
To request a test, you need the following:
|Forms and letters
You are required to submit the following documents:
- Request for Testing Service from Pharmaceutical Laboratory
- Written request for the test from the Health Products Regulation Group, if any.
- Cover letter, preferably with your company letterhead, stating:
- The tests required
- Each sample’s description
- The sample markings
|Fees and payment
- Contact us for a quotation through:
- Payment in advance is required. You may use any of the following methods:
- Credit card
- PayNow (UEN: T08GB0015GH01)
- Telegraphic transfer
- Bank: DBS
- Address: 12 Marina Boulevard, #45-00 DBS Asia Central @ Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, Singapore 018982
- Bank Code: 7171
- Branch Code: 001
- Bank Account No: 001-900112-9
- Swift Code: DBSSSGSG
- Please note that your company will bear all related bank charges for the remittance.
|Note: Please do not submit your samples until the Laboratory has confirmed your request is accepted.
- Your sample should be packaged in either of the following ways:
- In its original, unopened packaging.
- Contain at least 10 grams of the product, properly packed and clearly labelled.
- Mark your samples for attention to "Pharmaceutical Laboratory - Applied Sciences Group".
- You can send them in by post or in person to:
Applied Sciences Group
Health Sciences Authority
11 Outram Road
Collecting your report
You can collect your report:
- In person, from the registration counter at HSA Level 1. An authorisation letter is required if someone is collecting it on your behalf.
- Via post.
Tip: You can indicate if you would like to receive the report in person or by mail when you submit your request form.
Withdrawal from testing
If you wish to withdraw your sample from testing, you are required to give written notice to the Pharmaceutical Laboratory within 3 working days of submission.
You will be charged for any services performed and costs incurred before your withdrawal.